[GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga from/to China?

Hi,

I've started to use Ekiga recently, and save for a few minor niggles
(reported in Ubuntu's bugtracker) it works really nice. Thanks to the
devs.

Well, at least the calls to the test addresses work, because farther I
didn't get yet:

The reason for my endeavors is a friend's move to China, and calling
from/to China in Ekiga proves impossible so far. My side works fine
as far as it goes, but the person in China always gets "failed login to
ekiga.net" when Ekiga starts up. Increasing the login timeout tenfold
didn't help.  If she browses to www.ekiga.net, she can log into her
account, so login/password are fine. Does anybody know if China blocks
Ekiga at the Great Firewall?

Google only finds the same question posted to the this list
in February, but there's no answer in the list archives.

Thanks,
Mario