Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Logitech Quickcam IM

Leslie Katz wrote:
> I have searched the gnomemeeting archive for any reference to the above
> webcam, but not found any.
>
> I have the above webcam and would like to try to use it with
> gnomemeeting. As I understand it, I can use video in gnomemeeting with a
> resolution either of 176x 144 or 352x188.
>
> Unfortunately, using the spca5xx driver, I have only been able to get
> video images from the above webcam with resolution 176x144 or 320x240.
>
> Is anyone reading this using the above webcam? If so, have you been able
> to get a video image with resolution 352x288? How? Did the webcam just
> work? Can it be that my webcam is defective?

I would say that 176x144 is far enough, except if you want to flood your
connection with high upload.

I've already thought about removing the "Large" mode for video, because
many people try using it with inappropriate bandwidth.

Now, to answer your question, I would contact the author of the driver.
Perhaps the camera only supports 320x240 and not 352x188. Have you read
the specs?