Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Logitech Quickcam IM

Dennis Nezic wrote:
>>On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:17:45 +1100,
>>Leslie Katz <lesliek ozemail com au> wrote:
>>
>>Unfortunately, using the spca5xx driver, I have only been able to get
>>video images from the above webcam with resolution 176x144 or 320x240.
>>
>>Is anyone reading this using the above webcam? If so, have you been
>>able to get a video image with resolution 352x288? How? Did the
>>webcam just work? Can it be that my webcam is defective?
>

> I have a related question. Currently, gnomemeeting captures QCIF
> (176x144) video from my driver. But, I find it to have a severely small
> viewing angle. I would much rather prefer to have my SIF (320x240)
> source padded to CIF (352x288).
>
> Iirc, vconvert.cxx from pwlib might be able to do this, but i'm not
> sure how =\.

That's already answered several times in the archives :
- the ideal would be to capture in SIF and reduce to QCIF. However, such
code doesn't exist... If you feel life contributing, that would be great!

|   _      Damien Sandras                               |
|  (o-     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/   |
|  //\     FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org          |
|  v_/_    SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net  |
|                        sip:600000 gnomemeeting net    |