[GnomeMeeting-list] Can't get video image

I am not able to get a video image when running GnomeMeeting.

Following is some information that I hope is relevant to discovering what's wrong.

When I look at the output from dmesg after booting up, I get the following:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
sn9c102: V4L2 driver for SN9C10x PC Camera Controllers v1:1.22
usb 1-2: SN(C10[12] PC Camera Controller detected (vid/pid 0xC45/0x6028)
usb 1-2: PAS202BCB image sensor detected
usb 1-2: Initialization succeeded
usb 1-2: V4L2 device registered as /dev/video0
usb 1-2: Optional device control through 'sysfs' interface ready
usbcore: registered new driver sn9c102

When I look at the output from lsusb after booting up, I get the following:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0c45:6028 Microdia

When I start GnomeMeeting after booting up, I sometimes get a message telling me that the application has quit unexpectedly and asking me if I want to restart immediately. When I say I do, Gnomemeeting then starts normally. At other times, GnomeMeeting just starts without the error. I don't know how to find information which would explain why the error's occurred. I did think that such information could be found in /var/log/messages, but when I looked there I didn't find anything that seemed to me to be relevant. That may be merely a product of my ignorance.

When I start Gnomemeeting, I get the GnomeMeeting logo in the window where a video image appears when it's working. If I then go immediately to Preferences, Video Devices, I'm told I'm using V4L2, which is correct, as far as I can tell, since the sn9c102 driver, as I understand it, supports only V4L2. I'm also presented with a choice of two input devices. One is SN9C10x PC Camera. The other is /dev/video0.

Whichever one of those I select, if I then switch to the configuration druid and go to page 9 of it, I'm told that no device has been found.

If I then return to Preferences, Video Devices, the screen still says that I've selected either SN9C10x PC Camera or /dev/video0. If I then click on Detect Devices at the bottom of that screen, I'm told no device found.

If it matters, I am able to get video images from my webcam if I use videolive, a program the developer of the SN9C102 driver says should be used to test his driver. The same applies to another application mentioned at his website, sn-webcam.

If anyone is able from the above information to suggest what I should do to get a video image using GenomeMeeting, I'd be very grateful. If, instead, more information is needed, I'd be happy to supply it. Many thanks.