Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting to Netmeeting, only one way and no video

On Sunday 12 June 2005 17:51, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le dim 12/06/2005 à 14:16, Benedek Frank a écrit :
> > >
> > > Nice

> > > Are you sure the port 1720 is opened? Try to do something like "telnet
> > > remote_host 1720" (where remote_host should be the address/name of your
> > > NM), to see if you get a connection.
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Thanks for picking this up with me. I did what you told me, and I am even
> > more confused now. WHen I block the port 1720 on the NM box, and I try to
> > telnet to it, I get the message
> >
> > ben vaio:~$ telnet remotehosthere.com 1720
> > Trying remotehostsiphere..
> >
> > ANd it hangs here, never connects. Now when I enable the 1720 port on the
> > NM and I telnet to it from the GM, I get the following.
> >
> > ben vaio:~$ remotehosthere.com 1720
> > Trying remotehostsiphere..
> > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
> >
> > What this might be? As I said, the NM has a router with DMZ enabled. I
> > thought that the port 1720 might be disabled by the ISP by default, so I
> > tried the same with 1721 but it came to be the same. Telnet test showed
> > the same. What else should I try? It seems that the NM side is the
> > problem obviously, as it rejects the telnet connectiuon even though the
> > port is open to it. It is a Windows XP with SP2 and the firewall is set
> > as I described above.
>
> If the machine is in the DMZ, the port should be reachable from the
> outside without any problem. As long as you can not telnet to port 1720,
> you won't be able to call from GM to NM (as basically GM is doing a sort
> of telnet). However, I don't have any idea how we could help you with
> this unfortunately :(
>
> Have you checked that the machine running Netmeeting (ie not the one
> doing the NAT) has its firewall disabled completely?
Hi

Yes, I disabled the SP2 firewall on the NM, and still no go. I dont have
access to any other machines on the same network, so I cannot try to telnet
into the box via 1720 from an internal machine, which would be something to
try. And on top of all that, it is behind a Japanese router, which gives you
the idea how easy it is to set it up, sepaking reading almost no Japanese at
all. That is why I set the DMZ. DMZ is DMZ in all languages. Haha. Sorry to
bother the list, I will try to contact the routers maker for further
instructions.

Thanks

Bence