Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting to Netmeeting, only one way and no video

Le dim 12/06/2005 à 14:16, Benedek Frank a écrit :
> On Sunday 12 June 2005 11:42, Julien PUYDT wrote:
> > Benedek Frank a écrit :
> > > I finally had a chance to try it, and still no go. Now all possible ports
> > > are open on my GM and the NM has a router with DMZ support toward the NM,
> > > so it has open air. Calls innitiated from NM to GM comes through and
> > > Audio travels back and forth.
> >
> > Nice
> >
> > > Calls innitiated from GM to NM are rejected.
> >
> > Are you sure the port 1720 is opened? Try to do something like "telnet
> > remote_host 1720" (where remote_host should be the address/name of your
> > NM), to see if you get a connection.
> >

> Hi
>
> Thanks for picking this up with me. I did what you told me, and I am even more
> confused now. WHen I block the port 1720 on the NM box, and I try to telnet
> to it, I get the message
>
> ben vaio:~$ telnet remotehosthere.com 1720
> Trying remotehostsiphere..
>
> ANd it hangs here, never connects. Now when I enable the 1720 port on the NM
> and I telnet to it from the GM, I get the following.
>
> ben vaio:~$ remotehosthere.com 1720
> Trying remotehostsiphere..
>
> What this might be? As I said, the NM has a router with DMZ enabled. I thought
> that the port 1720 might be disabled by the ISP by default, so I tried the
> same with 1721 but it came to be the same. Telnet test showed the same. What
> else should I try? It seems that the NM side is the problem obviously, as it
> rejects the telnet connectiuon even though the port is open to it. It is a
> Windows XP with SP2 and the firewall is set as I described above.

If the machine is in the DMZ, the port should be reachable from the
outside without any problem. As long as you can not telnet to port 1720,
you won't be able to call from GM to NM (as basically GM is doing a sort
of telnet). However, I don't have any idea how we could help you with
this unfortunately :(

Have you checked that the machine running Netmeeting (ie not the one
doing the NAT) has its firewall disabled completely?