Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting takes 5 minutes to start

Hi Thomas,

Le mardi 26 juillet 2005 à 23:14 +0700, Thomas Beinicke a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> I see you got married, congratulations :)

Thanks!

> I think I solved my problem already.

good then!

> I think gnomemeeting sends an incoming packet to 127.0.0.1 and my firewall
> dropped that packet so it ages to start. I think it was trying to communicate

Weird, anyway, firewalling localhost is a bad idea, it could break
numerous programs.

> with ESD. Is it possible to disable checking for ESD at all since I use ALSA
> anyway and don't have the ESD daemon running.

It will simply try to shut it down, if ESD is not running, it shouldn't
give any problem. I'm not using ESD either and have a rather bad opinion
about sound daemons ;)