Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] MS-compatibility

Damien Sandras wrote:
Hi,

Notice you can also use another Free Software program for Windows, but I
don't remember its name right now. However, it is mentionned several times
on this mailing list.

I think you may be refering to Openphone ... this probably should be in the FAQ, I found it eventually after going through the archives. I'd be curious if anyone can replicate the odd behaviour I noticed when I first installed the latest version:

http://snapshots.voxgratia.org/openphone/

This is version 1.9.3, and requires you track down and install msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll as well (if you don't already have them).

When I first installed this version, the only codecs available were the high bandwidth G.711 ones. I then downloaded and installed the older version (1.8.1) from openh323.org and checked that it had the full complement of codecs (it did) ... when I went back to the new version it had found all the codecs too !

What program component determines the codecs available ? (windows question: how can you tell what dll's are being loaded for a particular executeable ? I was running the code from seperate directories with all dll's local)

There is also something called Myphone I tried a while ago, it had some memory leak problems. Anyone aware of any other (free) H.323 apps for windows ?

					... Niall