Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] MS-compatibility

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:23:14 -0400
Gabriele Strasky <gabriele magna net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What other than MS NetMeeting is compatible to gnomemeeting on a MS
> system? I was told by the MS user that NetMeeting is an old pgm that he
> can't install on his system.

Hi,
If he thinks it's old, he's probably running XP.....

Guess what, it's already installed just hidden :-). See here for 'enabling' it:
http://www.tweakxp.com/article37456.aspx

(basically just run 'conf' from Start/Run Application)

You'll have to install the GSM and/or SpeexW codecs on the windows box, so that you can communicate with sound. See Gnomemeeting FAQ:

http://www.gnomemeeting.org/index.php?rub=3&pos=0&faqpage=x56.html#AEN62

Have fun,
Simon.