Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] PB with recalling an IP number

Hi Michel,

Am Sonntag, den 09.01.2005, 18:02 +0100 schrieb michel memeteau:
> Hi , I found that since few releases , if someone that is not in your ILS
> directory call you and you want to call him back by going to the history and
> right click , call , then it will call     h323:::ffff:84.81.60.182    for
> example ... is it normal ?? does it try to put an ils directory name ???
>
> I guess this issue has been discused before ??

yes, it has. =)
This behaviour is due to you have ipv6 loaded on your system (whether
you use it or not). The problem is just that pwlib doesn't
recognize ::ffff:1.2.3.4 as IPv4 IP which is technically correct. The
correct IPv6 notation is [::ffff:1.2.3.4] with the [], but is
unfortunately not echoed from the callback functions that do write to
the history. This issue is in the process of being addressed in their
CVS, but is currently not finished.

If you don't need ipv6 on your host, just stop the module from being
loaded. You'll see normal IPv4 addresses again.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian