Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Re: Suse 9.1 GM 1.2 (Damien, > Sandras)

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:22:33 +0100
From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Re: Suse 9.1  GM 1.2 (Damien
	Sandras)

Le jeudi 06 janvier 2005 à 21:19 +0100, lambert Bernard a écrit :

I think that it has somehow broken all dependancies. Sad to say, but I
think the cleanest approach is to reinstall your distribution.

Perhaps a SuSE expert here can help you recovering your system. I'm
cc'ing Stefan, he knows SuSE very well, perhaps he will have a tip.

Well sound bad. may be it is because some packages are not from suse.

for exemple I use gconf2 version 2.6.1.3 (from suplementary gnome 2.6 update) instead of the official package 2.4.0.1-144. Is this one Ok with gm 1.2 ?

I don't know, but basically, you should never break dependancies. If you
break them using --nodeps, then you have a very high chance of running
into problems :)

Well dependancies are not break when i installed package I did'nt use --nodep.

I think something is wrong with the 2.6 gconf because i got a windows error message (look at file (screen shot) with this mail

I will try to use 2.4.0.1 gconf rmp

regards

PNG image