Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Speex on netmeeting

Le vendredi 07 janvier 2005 à 19:36 +0100, michel memeteau a écrit :
> Hello , I saw this question was already debated many times but here is the point
> :
>
> We can get two different acm for speex  one from :
>
> http://www.republika.pl/roed/speexw/  which seems good and comes with a small
> utility to reorder the codecs and enable gsm and speex , the point is , on my
> win2000 box this utility just crash , so no way to enable it , but i can see it
> in the recorder .....
>
> Do you know why the acms can t be seen in netmeeting but in all the other
> acm-aware applications ???

No idea.

> then we have another speex acm from  http://www.openacm.org/ and a small tool
> from   http://darkav.de.vu/  which should be able to enable as well any acm for
> netmeeting and but it says for me " cannot open file " , although i put a speex
> wav file in the same directory ......   Then i saw the inst-codec.exe you

We are compatible with Speex 8k from openacm.org. I never heard of
darkav.de.vu, but the openacm.org website says this :

      * "Installation: Simply run the provided SETUP.EXE application
        after unzipping the provided ZIP archive to a temporary folder."

I have the feeling the application you should use is SETUP.EXE, not the
thing from http://darkav.de.vu

> ditribute on gnomemeeting.org is just a hack of this last tool for only the gsm
> codec .....  but then why not shipping on gnomemeeting , a tool that install gsm
> and speex , regiter them and reorder to put speex at first ???  then netmeeting

Because :
- nobody coded such a tool
- there already exist an installation program provided with openacm

However, if you have the time/knowledge to code such a tool, we will
gladly distribute it. Remember, none of us are windows programmers.

> users would always success with gnomemeeting ones ???
>
> If you can tell at least why it doesn t work for me .......

Perhaps you don't use the correct installer?

I'm interested in feedback about this.