Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Re: Suse 9.1 GM 1.2 (Damien Sandras)

Am Freitag, 7. Januar 2005 19:55 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> Hello,
>
> Le vendredi 07 janvier 2005 à 10:54 +0000, mircobeaker hotpop com a
>
> écrit :
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > Just a question regarding Suse 9.2 pro.
> > I finally managed to get my Logitech Quickcam express to work on various
> > utilities as well as GM although I still hav eto fix several parameters
> > which appear to create a quite dark/darkened image reproduction.
> > Apart from that I noticed that when updating via yast the kernel
> > (2.6.8-24-default) to the new 2.6.8-24-5 the driver Spca5xx-20050101
> > stops responding and therefore the webcam is not detected.
> > I tried updating the kernel sources + recompiling the kernel and
> > installing the driver again but this time it didn't work.
> > Is anybody aware of an alternative solution?
> > Am I not supposed to update kernel? Is that safe?
>
> It should be safe yes. But I think you should redirect that question to
> a SuSE forum, we are unfortunately not SuSE experts here. There is only
> one, but he seems to be away for now...

Hi all,

I am not away, but really busy at the moment unfortunately ...

First, you could try updating to 2.6.8-24.10, which is the latest Bugfix
Kernel. Second, if this does not help, you could download the Kernel Sources
and check if anything related to the driver has changed.

After thursday, 13th january, I will have a little bit more time, may be
enough to look into this, but no promises ...

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/