Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Setup question

Damien,

Am Sonntag, 6. Februar 2005 19:45 schrieb Damien Sandras:

> > > Forwarding calls from the workstation to the laptop will be possible,
> > > that's standard H.323 call forwarding. The reverse should also be
> > > possible, but I don't know what the restrictions for the proxy will be.
> >
> > Hmm...how do I tell the gnomemeeting on my workstation the dynamic IP
> > address, I get on my laptop (assuming that I have no physical access to
> > the workstation in that moment)? Can I edit the configuration file and
> > start gnomemeeting in a non-gui mode?
>
> Yes, you can edit the GConf key :
> gconftool-2
> --set /apps/gnomemeeting/protocols/h323/call_forwarding/forward_host
> 111.222.333.444 --type=string

I did that now on the workstation machine and veryfied the settings with
gconftool-2 --set ...

But I do not receive anything on my laptop machine. Does gnomemeeting write a
logfile which I could check?

> For version 1.2, no need to restart GnomeMeeting, it will be taken into
> account immediately.

As mentioned before, I am running 1.0.2. The gconftool-2 changes take effect
in the preferences box. Is that sufficient to be sure that the changes are
effective?

Thanks,
Rainer

--