[GnomeMeeting-list] Setup question

Hello,

I am looking for a gnomemmeeting setup for my environment and just started
with VOIP. I have in mind several options, but I am not sure, which one is
the most promissing one to follow....and most likely there are much smarter
and better ones.

If this is the wrong list, please let me know, if you know a more appropriate
one.

Here is my environment:
I have an H323 gateway or proxy (Cisco proxy?) which is not under my control
and where I can register one fixed IP address for my number. When I run
gnomemeeting on my workstation and enter there under Edit/Preferences/H323
Settings/Gateway/Proxy Settings everything works. Nothing else to setup, no
authentication etc. I dial h323:<number> to call and receive calls when my
number is dialed.

When I am away from my workstation, I would like to call and receive calls on
a laptop with dynamic DNS (running gnomemeeting). I have full control over the
laptop. The workstation is still up and running, i.e. I can use it to forward
or redirect calls.

I am wondering, what you think about these options (or if you have better
ones):

1) My assumption here is that ports 1718-1720 are used for the communication
with the Cisco proxy (that is what I have seen with ohphone):

Use my workstation to forward all openh323 communication from Cisco proxy to
laptop and visa versa.

Forward the ports 1719 and 1718 from the workstation to the laptop using an
ssh tunnel:

laptop$ ssh -A -R 1718:laptop:1718 -l rdorsch -N workstation

Then I would need to forward all packets to port 1720 of the workstation to
the Cisco proxy. Note that the workstation is not doing NAT for the laptop,
so doing this might be not trivial.

2) Setup gnu gatekeeper at my workstation as proxy and let it forward all
calls to and from the cisco proxy. Can gnu gatekeeper do this? I saw that I
can setup gnu gatekeeper as proxy, but can gnu gatekeeper use the Cisco proxy
itself?

3) Use call forwarding of gnomemeeting on my workstation to receive calls on
my laptop. Not sure if that works and how I would forward calls from the
laptop to the Cisco proxy.

4) I think X and/or KDE habe options to forward sound. I could experiment with
these, but I think VOIP developed for a good reason their own codecs ;-)

Any comments or hints are welcome.

Many thanks.
Rainer

--