Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Configuration for calls with Netmeeting Users

TD a écrit :
Excuse me if I am wrong, I am trying to decode the NAT, port, channel concepts, but since we have both DSL connection through french public provider with standalone workstation, aren't we automatically behind at least two NAT from the provider ?

Well, if your provider uses one of those whateverbox they're so fond to use, it probably has two modes : 1. a transparent mode where everything gets to your box, in which case you don't have NAT (but still need to open the right ports) ; 2. a router mode where you only have a private ip, and the whatever box acts as a router, in which case you have NAT.

Are the following lines in my firewall configuration file (/etc/shorewall/rules) concerning channel H.245 appropriate to enable connection ?
# H.245 Port Range: TCP port range [30000-30010],
ACCEPT          fw      net     tcp     30000:30010
ACCEPT          net     fw      tcp     30000:30010

I don't understand why you have two lines of ports, but it looks sane, at least for the TCP range.

But you also need to open the listen port and the RTP range, as described in the section 7 of the FAQ : remember netmeeting doesn't do H.245 tunneling.

Snark on #gnomemeeting