Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Configuration for calls with Netmeeting Users

Thank you for having taken the time to answer.

Le Mercredi 7 Décembre 2005 10:08, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le mercredi 07 décembre 2005 à 03:23 +0100, Julien PUYDT a écrit :
> > TD a écrit :
> > > *  For the calls I make to netmeeting, my correspondant don't get
> > > notification.
> >
> > Firewall on the correspondant's end.
> >
> > > I am not a expert in firewall and videoconf configuration, and I did
> > > not found or understood documentation relative to my case.
> >
> > What about gnomemeeting's FAQ ?

I looked at it carefully before posting, but I could get or figure out a
practical solution to my problem using it.

> > > Test cases with both firewall deactivated did not allow us to connect
> > > either.
> >
> > Is one of you behind NAT ?
>
> I suspect one of them is behind NAT, and the H.245 Channel can not be
> established. Unfortunately, Netmeeting didn't support H.245 Tunneling.

Excuse me if I am wrong, I am trying to decode the NAT, port, channel
concepts, but since we have both DSL connection through french public
provider with standalone workstation, aren't we automatically behind at least
two NAT from the provider ?

Are the following lines in my firewall configuration file
(/etc/shorewall/rules)  concerning channel H.245 appropriate to enable
connection ?
# H.245 Port Range: TCP port range [30000-30010],
ACCEPT          fw      net     tcp     30000:30010
ACCEPT          net     fw      tcp     30000:30010

This said, what kind of solutions do we have to establish the communication ?
(If the problem is on the Windows side, would an other software than
Netmeeting solve the problem ?)

Thank you