Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] juste for info : Skype video

Hi

There is also the Kopete<->MSN Messenger/Yahoo webcam that appeared with KDE 3.5. I haven't used this yet but will try as it means I could possibly see Windows users and hear them (Yes, via Skype) without having to rely on stoopid NetBreaking.

I can only think that getting Kopete<->GM video and audio will be a little bit easier given the open nature of the protocols in use. I'm sure the people who run the MSN tower of power aren't very happy with people being able to get video working to Messenger clients without using Messenger ( e.g no ads)

Cheers
James

On 12/2/05, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
Le jeudi 01 décembre 2005 à 18:40 +0000, Conrad Beckert a écrit :
> No, this wasn't a careless post. I shopped around a lot in the search for a
> reliable video VoIP phone which I can send around without licencing issues.
>
> Anything else?
> Conrad

You have done 99% of the job of comparing GnomeMeeting to alternatives.
Once 2.00 will be out, perhaps we should start again and do a "deep"
comparison and make it publicly available.
--
_      Damien Sandras
(o-