Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] please help( i am not sure whether i sent out the email just now)

Le dimanche 24 avril 2005 à 20:17 +0300, Jouni Lohikoski iki fi a
écrit :
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 04:47:10PM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Le dimanche 24 avril 2005 à 22:33 +0800, JIE XIONG a écrit :
>
> > > I can call the guy from Germany and Holland. Because I successfully
> > > chat with them.
> > >
> > > But I cannot call another pc in my lab. Don't know what's the problem.
>
> > Perhaps it is behind a NAT router?
>
> And he uses STUN and address translation. I've had the same problem
> often when I have tested the system in this one rather big local net
> with other GMs and OpenPhones in MS Windows. (btw, OpenPhone for Windows
> works much better than MS Netmeeting with GM)
> < http://www.openh323.org/bin >
>
> One new feature would be nice, checkbox and a check, if the
> address to be connected is the same as GM's local address AND netmask,
> then connect as STUN and NAT wouldn't be in use. GM can get the local
> IP-address and netmask from the operating system or could be configured
> if there for example would be many local nets and net interfaces.
>
> I believe this improvement (or a bug fix for STUN) had a name also and
> was mentioned on the mailing list earlier?

I don't understand what you mean.

You can not use STUN and IP translation at the same time.
If you are using STUN, OR IP Translation, they are deactivated when
calling somebody on your LAN.

Isn't that what happens?