[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: [OpenH323]question related to Codecs

Hi,

>   can anyone tell me what are the configurable parameters of a
> software audio and video codecs for utilizing under OpenH323.

You will need to narrow down your question a bit, because all codecs (and their
corresponding capabilities) have a different parameter set.

> I mean to say, suppose I am having G.711 codec available with me
> as a software, so which parameters I can control for that codec like
> say how many frames to be put in a single packet.

All audio codecs have this parameter, although some put additional constraints
(e.g. Speex in increment of 20ms).

> And what are the targeted ares where one can look into.

If I understand your question correctly, the target for audio is between 30ms
and 100ms for audio. But it really depends on your network, available
bandwidth, codec, ...

Best regards,

Guilhem Tardy                 Freemail: gravsten at yahoo dot com
Tel: +81-90-4601-3894         Email:    gtardy at salyens dot com
Salyens                       http://www.salyens.com/
Java and Video Conferencing Technologies