[GnomeMeeting-list] thin client

Still trying to work out how to get Gnomemeeting to run on a thinclient. Another approach I'm trying is to compile gnomemeeting entirely with static libraries. That is the run-time libraries are included in the binary.

I tried running configure with the with-static option and without-shared but this makes no difference to the binary size and using strace indicates it is still accessing run time libraries

I tried changing the CC variable to gcc -static and the GXX to g++ -static.

Configure then terminates prematurely unable to locate the PWlib directory. I tried supplying the appropriate directory in the configure parameters but same error. The same error occurs changing the LDFLAGS environment variable.

I can maybe start hacking the makefiles buy perhaps there is a developer out there that can advise the best way to do this build.