Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Building pwlib/openh323 : need to keep source directories for using the libs? (PWLIBDIR/OPENH323DIR issue)

Hello again,

Replying to my own post to say that pwlib/openh323 finally built amd installed. The solution was to: 1. Configure pwlib with './configure --prefix=/folk/vrubiolo/InstalledProgs/pwlib-1.8.4/ --enable-plugins'
2. make + make install
3. Define PWLIBDIR to point to the pwlib source tree (here PWLIBDIR=/folk/vrubiolo/Archives/pwlib-1.8.4). 4. Configure openh323 with './configure --prefix=/folk/vrubiolo/InstalledProgs/openh323-1.15.3/'
5. make + make install

This builds openh323 with information/headers from the pwlib source tree (which seems inevitable).

However, gnomemeeting then fails at the configure step with :
[...]
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for PWLib includes in /folk/vrubiolo/InstalledProgs/pwlib-1.8.4/include/... checking for /folk/vrubiolo/InstalledProgs/pwlib-1.8.4/include/ptlib/pprocess.h... yes
checking for main in -lpt... yes
checking for PWLib version... configure: error: Sorry but the recommended PWLib version is 1.8.4
make: *** [configure-work/main.d/gnomemeeting-1.2.1/configure] Error 1

The config.log shows :
[...]
configure:21613: checking for PWLib version
conftest.c:31:25: ptbuildopts.h: No such file or directory
configure:21630: error: Sorry but the recommended PWLib version is 1.8.4
[...]

And the ptbuildopts.h correctly lies in ~/InstalledProgs/pwlib-1.8.4/include/. I am (GARNOME is) configuring gnomeeting with a prefix and the --with-pwlib-dir and --with-openh323-dir arguments which points to the prefixes where I installed pwlib and openh323.

As this relates more closely to gnomemeeting than (maybe) the abovementioned libraries, I am turning back to you again. Could this e related to a bad pwlib/openh323 install?

Thanks for your help,

Vincent

Vincent Rubiolo wrote:
[...]
ptlib-config should return the path to use.

Thanks for that good hint. That could be the solution to the problem. I forgot to add ptlib-config to my $PATH. Now I can correctly get the pwlib prefix (using ptlib-config --prefix) but it seems that the configure script does not use ptlib-config to find that information. The --libdir option of that script also gives wrong info, that is /lib, instead of $pwLib_prefix/lib.

I think there definitely is a bug here. I'll keep you informed.

Vincent
[...]

--
Reclaim Your Inbox!