Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting and Neos

Hi James,

>> I'm sure I've got everything set up ok on the NAT.
I'm behind a NAT, she isn't. I've been able to
successfully get> everything (good quality video)
going to Netmeeting on her end but the call cuts out
with no warning, at random times.<<

Well, then there is no reason why Neos should fail.
Netmeeting is a mess (though video quality from a
Netmeeting endpoint is slightly better than with the
competition, even with H261)

Well. I don't use neither Netmeeting nor Neos for
production. Though old and rusty, OpenPhone is still
the best client on Windows (one should compile a new
version though, probably Opal is a nice opportunity to
do so)

I took the version from http://www.openh323.org and
established a love hate relationship:
+ it works
+ it is lightweight - no hassle - a child can handle
it
+ it has STUN and decent Gatekeeper support
+ it sticks to the standards
- is old and uggly
- lacks ils support (which I don't care as I use
Gatekeeper and dyndns)
- one has to fiddle a bit with the camera (could be
head over heals, could be the wrong device and the
other side sees funny colorful squares)

>> I can get it so that the calls don't cut off<<
It could be an issue with the NAT router. I used to
have this problem before I set up the Gatekeeper:
Everything worked finde for 5 minutes. Then we
experienced one way audio (the picture froze). I
suspected the router releasing the port bindings after
a while. Anyway gnugk solved it.

Conrad

PS: The russian MyPhone is an alternative too.
Unfortunately it crashed my mother's PC (memory leak???)

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de