Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 3.00: a poll, please contribute

Le mercredi 06 avril 2005 à 23:19 +0200, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Hi
> To make sure everyone understands,   the purpose of the former
> discussion is to determine a few things :

> 1)
> Should the UI stay the same, or be changed? There is a proposition in an
earlier mail.
> less effort as possible i think the future is to use the web browser to do UI effort

> 2)
> should we stay a softphone with only SIP instant messenging, and nothing
> else?
do not run after instant messengers functionnality
or use a plugable system as gaim ( even an use of already done  pluggin
will be possible and even with adaptation of these modules )

> should we have jabber support and become that way a softphone with IM capabilities?
the avantage of jabber is the fact it is an open source
> should we stay a softphone and put our efforts into integration as an
> EXTERNAL component with Jabber clients?
why not if it has a low cost
> 3)
> What's your profile? Softphone user or chatter?
i dont really understand the question i suppose both
> 4)
> If an MSN client was made available for Linux, would you still use
> GnomeMeeting and why? Would new users use the MSN client or
> GnomeMeeting?
i will not use MSN it is generally used mostly by simple minded persons

anyway any improvement leading to abandon of this ldap directory will be
good ( it can stay pluggable to keep compatiblity with NM but i will not
fight for that )