Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 3.00: a poll, please contribute

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damien Sandras" <dsandras seconix com>
To: <gnomemeeting-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:49 AM
Subject: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 3.00: a poll, please contribute

> Hi,
>
> To make sure everyone understands,   the purpose of the former
> discussion is to determine a few things :
>
> 1)
> Should the UI stay the same, or be changed? There is a proposition in an
> earlier mail.
Yes it should be changed. Well sorry if it annoys any of you, but I don't
want that GM should be built as something like clone of IM, but it should be
a thing on which we can rely and also which can be used under any H.323
based networks....

> 2)
> should we stay a softphone with only SIP instant messenging, and nothing
> else?
> OR
> should we have jabber support and become that way a softphone with IM
> capabilities?
> OR
> should we stay a softphone and put our efforts into integration as an
> EXTERNAL component with Jabber clients?

I think the last option is fine...
> 3)
> What's your profile? Softphone user or chatter?
Softphone user...

> 4)
> If an MSN client was made available for Linux, would you still use
> GnomeMeeting and why? Would new users use the MSN client or
> GnomeMeeting?
 Just fine with GM. Depends upon the type of user....
I am fine without MSN...

Thanks,
Ashutosh.