Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 3.00: a poll, please contribute

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 23:19 +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To make sure everyone understands,   the purpose of the former
> discussion is to determine a few things :
>
> 1)
> Should the UI stay the same, or be changed? There is a proposition in an
> earlier mail.

Change it.

> 2)
> should we stay a softphone with only SIP instant messenging, and nothing
> else?
> OR
> should we have jabber support and become that way a softphone with IM
> capabilities?
> OR
> should we stay a softphone and put our efforts into integration as an
> EXTERNAL component with Jabber clients?

I certainly think that being a softphone client that integrates into
jabber clients is a good idea.  I don't want to have to have two sets of
configuration, one for gm and one for gaim.

However, if a "minimal" jabber client can be put in gm it might be a
good thing.

> 3)
> What's your profile? Softphone user or chatter?

Softphone.  Actually, I am more H323 video conf user.

> 4)
> If an MSN client was made available for Linux, would you still use
> GnomeMeeting and why? Would new users use the MSN client or
> GnomeMeeting?

I would still use gnomemeeting.