Re: fwd:Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] SuSE 9.1 firewall + gm

Le mardi 21 septembre 2004 à 20:34 +0200, timo a écrit :
> Hello list and Killian
>
> > If the test in the setup druid shows that your audio hardware is ok,
> > then yes. In that case it's always the party that has no audio to blame
> > (for having a misconfigured firewall/nat).
>
> I thought the druid test is to try that the microphone + speakers
> works ok. Does this mean that the stuff goes "out" and comes back
> "in" from the network? I don't think so but I am not sure.

that's not the case, it only tests audio locally. BUT if the druid tests
proves your audio config is correct and if the remote user doesn't hear
you, but you hear him, the problem is always a firewall (or audio)
problem on the remote. That's the only possibility.

> > > Even stranger is that NT200x behind a firewall works but XP with its own
> > > settings produces the effect that I can hear but the other end can not.
> >
> > Behind your NAT? Then you need to unload the h323_conntrack kernel
> > module. That module can only do H323v1 and not the v5 which GnomeMeeting
> > is using. That's why you need to setup port forwarding with GnomeMeeting
> > instead using the conntrack helper.
>
> The strange part is that all other parties are outside my network. The
> configuration being as follows:
>
> my-workstation
> 	[private-ip-address]
> my-firewall-pc
> 	[public-ip-address]
> 	ISP
> 	[public-ip-address]
> hardware-fw-switch-etc
> 	my-sister's-workstation
>
> This works from SuSE9.1 to WinNT200x with NetMeeting and
> the correct plugin. With similar system but XP and no hw-fw-switch
> (but ISP via modem) it does not work. That might be XP's firewall?
> With XP (I think) I can hear but my voice is not heard at the XP end.
>
> It does not work with a SuSE8.2 box with firewall settings that
> let the 1720/TCP through and the 5000-5007/UDP through.  With
> this my voice can be heard at the other end but I do not hear
> the other part. Since the gm version is older the self-test has not
> been run - there does not seem to be such.

Is IP Translation active?

> I called other gm successfully through my firewall with same
> firewall rules. THE ONLY difference was that the versions of
> Linux were:
> 	SuSE 8.x in the firewall
> 	SuSE 9.0 in the workstation
> now they are both 9.1:-( and there seems to be no h323 related
> conntrack module...
>
> 	Anybody have a gnomemeeting working in a SuSE 9.x behind
> a SuSE9.1 firewall?

Certainly, but I think you should summarize in short what combinations
work and what do not work ;-)

e.g. :
- GM 1.0.2 -> GM 0.85 : ok
- GM 1.0.2 -> Netmeeting : I can hear him but he can't hear me

that would make things easier to understand for people who missed a part
of the thread.
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org