Re: fwd:Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] SuSE 9.1 firewall + gm

Moin Timo,

Am Di, den 21.09.2004 schrieb Timo Räty um 17:56:
> Hallo Kilian,
>
> thanks for your answer - and my apologies for direct reply.
>
> I feel this is a bit more complicated but first I want to make sure: do you
> mean that the non-working microphone end is (always) to blame?

If the test in the setup druid shows that your audio hardware is ok,
then yes. In that case it's always the party that has no audio to blame
(for having a misconfigured firewall/nat).

> My problem is that my voice can be heard but I don't hear the other
> party. Ok since the first test worked I think you are right. Still it is my
> firewall (different pc) protected host that answers the nmap UDP
> scan as closed - possible problem with forwarding/masquerading?

Yes.

> Even stranger is that NT200x behind a firewall works but XP with its own
> settings produces the effect that I can hear but the other end can not.

Behind your NAT? Then you need to unload the h323_conntrack kernel
module. That module can only do H323v1 and not the v5 which GnomeMeeting
is using. That's why you need to setup port forwarding with GnomeMeeting
instead using the conntrack helper.

> I am getting confused with this. Maybe I run a couple of more test.
>
> Is there any simple set of IP based test that one could try testing?
> Just to make sure the basics work?

tests are checking the ports open from the internet. for a testcall try
with Johnny Strom or h323.voxgratia.org

> I think I put this SuSE 8.2 example the wrong way: he hears my voice
> but I can not hear his.

ok, then the problem is on your side.

--
Best regards,