Re: fwd:Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] SuSE 9.1 firewall + gm

Hello list and Killian

> If the test in the setup druid shows that your audio hardware is ok,
> then yes. In that case it's always the party that has no audio to blame
> (for having a misconfigured firewall/nat).

I thought the druid test is to try that the microphone + speakers
works ok. Does this mean that the stuff goes "out" and comes back
"in" from the network? I don't think so but I am not sure.

> > Even stranger is that NT200x behind a firewall works but XP with its own
> > settings produces the effect that I can hear but the other end can not.
>
> Behind your NAT? Then you need to unload the h323_conntrack kernel
> module. That module can only do H323v1 and not the v5 which GnomeMeeting
> is using. That's why you need to setup port forwarding with GnomeMeeting
> instead using the conntrack helper.

The strange part is that all other parties are outside my network. The
configuration being as follows:

my-workstation

	[private-ip-address]
my-firewall-pc
	[public-ip-address]

	ISP

	[public-ip-address]
hardware-fw-switch-etc

	my-sister's-workstation

This works from SuSE9.1 to WinNT200x with NetMeeting and
the correct plugin. With similar system but XP and no hw-fw-switch
(but ISP via modem) it does not work. That might be XP's firewall?
With XP (I think) I can hear but my voice is not heard at the XP end.

It does not work with a SuSE8.2 box with firewall settings that
let the 1720/TCP through and the 5000-5007/UDP through.  With
this my voice can be heard at the other end but I do not hear
the other part. Since the gm version is older the self-test has not
been run - there does not seem to be such.

I called other gm successfully through my firewall with same
firewall rules. THE ONLY difference was that the versions of
Linux were:
	SuSE 8.x in the firewall
	SuSE 9.0 in the workstation
now they are both 9.1:-( and there seems to be no h323 related
conntrack module...

	Anybody have a gnomemeeting working in a SuSE 9.x behind
a SuSE9.1 firewall?

Timo