Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] linux-2.6.3-gentoo-r1 + phonejack = no joy?

Hi Phil,

> I've got the ixj and phone-dev modules installed and loaded.

not sure if the PCI PhoneJack is covered by ixj or nixj as i have none.
But trying nixj won't hurt. =)

> In setting-up gnomemeeting via the druid, if I select quicknet as my
> audio manager, I get no device found on the next step.  If I select OSS
> or ALSA, the tests work fine.
>
> On the next page, it doesn't seem to matter what I select as the
> subsequent page indicates no video device found.  However, my quickicam
> does work fine with cqcam, xcqcam, etc....  I have libavc1394
> 0.4.1 installed.

then it's an AVC cam and you need the AVC plugin. If that's not built
along with pwlib, file a bug on the Gentoo ebuild. Upstream Gentoo
refuses to collaborate with us (at least nobody was in charge so far,
which we could discuss things with), so we can't help with making any
better Gentoo "packaging".

> So, I guess I'm a but stumped as to how to proceed.  I feel like I
> finally have the parts, but can't put them together.

Well, flushing Gentoo down the drain would sound like a very tempting
solution in that case. SCNR ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian