Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] linux-2.6.3-gentoo-r1 + phonejack = no joy?

Hi,
 What sort of phonecard is it?
Quicknet have made two pci phonecards. The most recent version is not
supported by the ixj module in the kernel.

The ixj module in the 2.6 kernel may work on your card, if it is of the
old type. Good luck.
You may need to add the line
alias char-major-100 ixj
to /etc/modules.conf

Well, you have to do that for 2.4 boxes. What is required for 2.6 boxes -
I do not know. you see, you require some setup code to advise the kernel
that devices with a major number of 100 correspond to the ixj module.

Derek.

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.                           This PC runs pine on linux for email
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.                     If you find a virus apparently from me, it has