Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] linux-2.6.3-gentoo-r1 + phonejack = no joy?

Le vendredi 03 septembre 2004 à 02:05 -0700, Phil a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I just acquired a PCI Phonejack via ebay.  It's used in a gentoo box
> running the 2.6.3 kernel.  I also have a Connectix color quickcam.
>
> Obviously, my first concern is to verify that it's a functional card and
> then to see what can be done to setup the camera (if possible) to work
> with gnomemeeting (1.00).  Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding
> the proper docs to address my concerns.
>
> I've got the ixj and phone-dev modules installed and loaded.

Those are the old kernel modules, they do not support recent cards.
However, a new driver called nixj (openh323.sourceforge.net) has been
developed for your card, but it is not ready yet for the 2.6 kernel.
Stay subscribed for news.

> In setting-up gnomemeeting via the druid, if I select quicknet as my
> audio manager, I get no device found on the next step.  If I select OSS
> or ALSA, the tests work fine.
>
> On the next page, it doesn't seem to matter what I select as the
> subsequent page indicates no video device found.  However, my quickicam
> does work fine with cqcam, xcqcam, etc....  I have libavc1394
> 0.4.1 installed.

Your Quickcam is an USB camera, not a firewire one, so having installed
libavc1394 won't help.

What video plugin are you using for your tests, and does it make a
difference if you run gnomemeeting as root?