Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connection attempt rejected without apparent reason

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 06:16, Kilian Krause wrote:
> ok, let's start with this one. Unless your router does native H323-NAT,
> there's few point in *ONLY* forwarding 1720 to netmeeting. So if that
> router doesn't do H323-connection tracking over NAT, that's already a
> point which will not work.

So my assumption is right that all the other routers do some magic I don't see
and I don't know off to make H.323 through them work?

> Nevertheless you should be easily able to at least get the remote
> NetMeeting to display you are calling or even this forward ain't
> working. The entire call signalling is achieved thru 1720/tcp and so if
> there's no "Marcus Theisen is calling [ Pick Up ] [ Reject ]" on the
> remote end, even this port forwarding is broken.

That's the point, the remote site doesn't react whatsoever, but I can see that
they are talking with each other, in the debug out as well as in the dump...
that is what really puzzels me. Other forwards work right, e.g. I can do VNC
to the remote machine, etc..

Thanks,
 Marcus

--
        :: Marcus Thiesen :: marcus thiesen org :: www.thiesen.org ::
           :: ICQ#108989768 :: 0x754675F2 :: thiesen jabber org ::

OK, enough hype.
                                                                   Larry Wall