Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connection attempt rejected without apparent reason

Hi Marcus,

-(snip)-
> What is happening: I'm trying to call the remote side. The remote computer is
> behind a hardware router, thus the needed ports are forwarded using NAT. I've
> already seen this work on two sites, therefore I don't think this is the
> problem. I can access port 1720. I can't try the other way around, because I
> myself am behind a hardware router and have configured other ports because of
> somebody else in my network is using GnomeMeeting as well. Netmeeting does
> not support to call to non standard ports. As I was able to call two other
> Netmeeting clients, this as well can't be the problem.
> The main problem is that I more or less after I hit enter to call I get the
> message that the remote side did not accept the call. I know that the remote
> side wasn't even asked, but I'd really like to understand that.

ok, let's start with this one. Unless your router does native H323-NAT,
there's few point in *ONLY* forwarding 1720 to netmeeting. So if that
router doesn't do H323-connection tracking over NAT, that's already a
point which will not work.

Nevertheless you should be easily able to at least get the remote
NetMeeting to display you are calling or even this forward ain't
working. The entire call signalling is achieved thru 1720/tcp and so if
there's no "Marcus Theisen is calling [ Pick Up ] [ Reject ]" on the
remote end, even this port forwarding is broken.

If however your description lacks the part that you have a popup on the
remote end, but no call established, then the router is not performing
H233-NAT and you should try with MyPhone or OpenPhone together with a
forwarding of *ALL* ports (i.e. the UDP ones too)..

Hth. (btw. if you find the gnomemeeting.org FAQ too lengthy, try this
one: http://snapshots.seconix.com/help/)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian