Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Auto-initiate connection?

Le jeu, 11/03/2004 à 23:23 -0800, Les LaZar a écrit :

> Thanks for the assistance.  I have been able to get Gnomemeeting to
> automatically connect on power up by using the -c switch as suggested.
>
> Now I have more questions:
>
> Where is the -c switch documented?  In another recent list message it was

gnomemeeting --help

> suggested that the user read the manual.  I would love to read the manual
> for GM...where can I find it?  The linux man page does not contain much

Indeed, I will have to improve it. However, we are all doing this in our
free time, so there is no miracle !

> information.  Nor could I find anything resembling a manual on the web site
> (the FAQ came closest).

The manual is accessible through the F1 key, or through the help menu in
gnomemeeting.

> Also, my long term application involves not only video and audio exchange,
> but also character data (ascii strings of variable length).  The text chat
> function of GM supports this kind of data exchange, but I need to be able to
> create and read this data in programs that are external to GM.  Are there
> any hooks (API) into GM that would allow another process to generate the
> character strings for transmission and to read received character strings
> (rather than displaying them in the Text Chat window)?

Not yet, and it is not planned as it is more for a specific usage than
for a general usage. So I guess you will have to patch yourself.