Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Urgent:Multi-camera

Hi,

I guess you are students and you have an assignment, right?

My idea would be to create a new video plugin called "MultiCamera" that
returns a predefined device "CameraArrays". It would simply be an
enhancement of the V4L plugin, but reading from multiple devices at the
same time. The trick is to mix together all the images from the various
devices and to return only one unique mixed image to GnomeMeeting.

The only problem you will have is to find a common color format for all
cameras if they are different.

Le mer, 10/03/2004 à 09:45 +0800, yumi maiko a écrit :

> Hi PUYDT Julien,
>     I found the archive from the mailing list and saw that someone
> asks you about the way to archieve multicamera before. You told that
> we don't need to modify gnomemeeting and pwlib,but just create my own
> plugin in pwlib. I wonder that how can I mix two video inputs into
> one? The pwlib get the devices from /proc/video/dev and store as an
> array.Then the gnomemeeting shows them in the preference window
> letting user choose one of them. So if I follow your approach, does it
> mean that that I should integrate all the video devices in the array
> into one and give gnomemeeting to show in the preference window?
> Does it need to use two codec for two video inputs?I am very confused
> about it.
>    I appologize for saying too long.It's bit urgent for me to finish
> this task.
>    Thanks alot!
>
> Regards,
> wah