Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] webcam & audio conflict

I am sorry Kilian , you are right , I make a mistake , the snd-usb-audio is load when you hotplug the webcam, I don't know if the detail is relevent but it comes up in the first line after running lsmod.
Does it means it is the first one to be load ?

Kilian Krause wrote:

Hi Chris,

when rebooting with the webcam , there is no "snd-ens1371 " anymore

Is what we say before still valid ?

aparently your alsa setup does only allow 1 device to be loaded. Ask the
MdK experts how to allow 2 ALSA devices to be loaded and to ensure the
order. I guess Anne had the commands, now you just need to puzzle where
to put them.

What's remarkable is that when plugging in the cam there's no
snd-usb-audio loaded. That may or may not be due to the above
limitation. You better check that when on-boot brings both devices.

If then the plugging-in doesn't yield the snd-usb-audio, that's a bug of
usbmgr|hotplug...