Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] webcam & audio conflict

Hi Chris,

> 1) It does not look (from modules.conf) that I am using any OSS driver
> for the mic's web

the audio module is being loaded by the usbmgr (or hotplug script), so
plug in your cam and check the output of lsmod. If there's an "audio"
entry, but no "snd-usb-audio", then that one is the OSS driver, and
should be the ALSA one.

Sound configuration is somewhat distro-specific an i don't know what MdK
uses for dirs and stuff. Probably Anne Wilson can tell. She's on MdK 10
too. ;)

> 2) Let assume  it is the case, how the OSS driver is loaded ? can I
> prevent it being loaded ( I don't need the webcam
> s mic after all !)

Depends on your config of usbmgr/hotplug. Check the package's docs on
details how to blacklist a module.

> 3) Apparently , I have the OSS-emulation of ALSA (snd-pcm-oss) , could
> it be any other reasons ?

hard to tell. But going upstream Mandrake and searching for support
there comes to mind. They're said to have a user-mailinglist where you
could ask.

> 4) Is there any "snd-usb-audio" like for ALSA I can use ?

snd-usb-audio is the ALSA module. ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian