Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] problem with audio

Damien Sandras:

Le sam 24/01/2004 à 22:31, maHo a écrit :
[ciach]

That's because you are using gentoo and their package is buggy. Not sure
if that warning has an importance or not.
I heard that suggestion many times, but I'm not Gentoo user. My distribution is PLD (www.pld-linux.org, no it isn't derived from Gentoo).
      I'll try to compile that package by my own.

Has anybody any idea, what can be wrong?.

software:
gnomemeeting-0.98.5-1
openh323-1.12.2-1
kernel 2.4.22
alsa with oss emulation 1.0.0 pre1

hardware
integrated SIS Si7012 using alsa module snd-intex8x0

That's the problem. That chipset (which I am using) doesn't support the
frequency required by GnomeMeeting to record and play voice. If you want
to make it work, you will have to use native ALSA with GnomeMeeting CVS
and not ALSA with OSS emulation. It should work very well.
Hmm. I know that that chipset *without* alsa doesn't support frequiencies other then 48khz. But AFAIK with alsa it support all frequencies, but doesn't support mmap. Does gnomemeeting use mmap?.
   Hoever, I'll try this with gnomemeeting shapshot.

I think we have an ebuild for the CVS but I'm not sure, you should ask
on irc.gnome.org, #gnomemeeting to Tassian (he is usually logged every
weekday during work hours).
      what is ebuild?

regards

maHo