Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] problem with audio

Le sam 24/01/2004 à 22:31, maHo a écrit :
> Hello.
>
> I have strange problem with my gnomenetmeeting. When I launch a
> configuration wizard, while testing, I don't hear my voice after 5
> seconds. But I hear it when I blow/puff to the microphone. If I speak:
> no, if I hit the microphone: no, when I puff: yes.
>
> If I record something using 'rec', everything is ok. If I do this while
> playing sound via xmms, everything is ok too, so I have duplex.
>
> I skipped test, and tried to talk with somebody. With some people I hear
> his voice, with other one I hear only garbage noise. But noone hear me,
> they hear only garbage.
>

> Additionaly: when I start gnomemeeting or ohphone, i got such message on
> stderr: "Failed to load avcodec_set_print_fn"
> I don't know what does it mean and google doesn't know too :D

That's because you are using gentoo and their package is buggy. Not sure
if that warning has an importance or not.

> Has anybody any idea, what can be wrong?.
>
> software:
> gnomemeeting-0.98.5-1
> openh323-1.12.2-1
> kernel 2.4.22
> alsa with oss emulation 1.0.0 pre1
>
> hardware
> integrated SIS Si7012 using alsa module snd-intex8x0

That's the problem. That chipset (which I am using) doesn't support the
frequency required by GnomeMeeting to record and play voice. If you want
to make it work, you will have to use native ALSA with GnomeMeeting CVS
and not ALSA with OSS emulation. It should work very well.

I think we have an ebuild for the CVS but I'm not sure, you should ask
on irc.gnome.org, #gnomemeeting to Tassian (he is usually logged every
weekday during work hours).