Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Jaba the hut sound using Gnomemeeting

Hi Brian,

Am Do, den 15.01.2004 schrieb PUYDT Julien um 11:01:
> On jeu, 2004-01-15 at 10:53, Brian Kreulen wrote:
>
> > During a call, sometimes the packet loss gets up to 95%, sometimes it
> > remains at 1-2%, but in every case the sound is awful.
>
> Definitely not normal! Network problems!

let's put it a little more straight:
Being on broadband doesn't ensure you're on low-latency too.. Moreover
your connection being broadband doesn't tell about bandwidth of the
upstream routers. (my last mile can be 100MBit .. and still if the
upstream is ISDN, i'll not have 11MB/s download, eh?)

Anyhow to me this sounds partially like a network problem, but networks
don't alter the voice pitching. So i'd be suspecting rather an ALSA bug
here too with your driver. What audio hardware and which driver is used?

--
Best regards,
 Kilian