RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to Call to PC from POTs ??

Hello David,

It would perfectly work. But if you plan to use Asterisk, you do not
need hardware on the GnomeMeeting side, you can simply use the softphone
"as is" without modifications.

However, you will need hardware on the server side, to connect it to the
PSTN or ISDN networks, as you say. GnomeMeeting will then be a simple
endpoint and be able to give phone calls to public phone numbers, eitehr
by accessind the PSTN or ISDN line directly through a local Asterisk, or
through a remote Asterisk (with cost savings in that case).

Le jeu 15/01/2004 à 01:11, David Mynatt a écrit :
> Okay; let's be specific.  I think this is close:
>
> We want * management (?) to (1) establish a hierarchy of * Servers with
> mutually supporting dial plans, so that a caller in Area Code ABC can
> (2) access a local PSTN line that connects him to a (3) local * Server,
> that then routes the call to a (4) distant end * Server in Area Code
> CBA, thus completing the call for no charge -except the PSTN lines at
> the * Servers.  This would operate two-way, of course.
>

> PSTN > * >>>> * > PSTN
> AC ABC            AC CBA
>

> Maybe a couple folks with * Servers, with right HW in different ACs,
> could try a routing plan similar to this concept.... It's almost like an
> FX Exchange.  I'm sure it would work... Wouldn't it?
>

> Dave
> =====

(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.