Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting / NetMeeting Voice Codec Problems

Am Sonntag, 29. Februar 2004 14.29 schrieb Kilian Krause:
> > Then I switched to GnomeMeeting under Suse Linux 9.0. I could not get
> > a voice connection working using these two codecs (GSM and Speex).
>
> Speex for Win32 is ACM and currently has no MS-Speex in OpenH323 as
> equivalent. The Speex from GnomeMeeting doesn't get encoded as WAV
> header and therefore cannot be used with NetMeeting.

Is it possible to somehow get "compatible" Speex codex that work with
GnomeMeeting and with NetMeeting?

What exactly is the difference between an ACM and OpenH323 codex?
Only some bytes in the header?  How can I make them "compatible"?

> Be sure to "Reorder" your codecs so that the MS-GSM is on top of the
> list for NetMeeting, then you should be able to select "MS-GSM" for
> GnomeMeeting and "GSM-06.10" for NetMeeting (given that MS-GSM is above
> G711 priority in GnomeMeeting too)

MS-GSM works, but the voice quality is very bad compared to Speex 8 kBit/s,
so I still try to get Speex interoperating on both platforms.

    Dierk