Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] cvs version

> 1 workstation and 1 laptop both with openphone 1.8.1
> 1 laptop with GM-cvs
> 1 workstation with GM 0-96 and last ohphone
>

> All stations ate connected to the same GateKeeper.
>
> Openphone: faststart, h245 tunneling and h245 in SETUP. No NAT router
>
> The same setup in GM allow calls to endpoints but different behaviour
> for phone per gateway. Or I get a immediately a "called party hang up"
> or connection is done but poor audio quality. If I disable Fast start,

poor audio quality with the same codec? That doesn't make sense to me.

> for number which could be reached, it's calling but whem called party
> hang up, I get "called party line is disturbed" (la ligne de votre
> correspondant est en derangement). Party which couldn't be reached if

That's the gatekeeper that returns that message.

> FastStart is activate has problem that I hear them but they can't hear
> me. If I disable H245 tunneling, in all cases I can hear called party
> but they can't hear me.
>
> OpenPhone is working well on *both* stations. ohphone anf GM 0.96 have
> same behaviour then GM-cvs. And looking in log files from ohphone I
> found this:

> For called party which can't hear me, I didn't have a "Started logical
> channel: sending G.711-ALaw-64k". Just have the receiving one. So what's
> the differences between GM/ohphone and OpenPhone. H323 and PTlib under
> windows?

None, really. That kind of behavior really suggests a buggy gatekeeper.
I remember older versions of GNU GK had such a behavior is some cases,
but they have been fixed. Perhaps you could check the gatekeeper logs to
determine why it doesn't want to open the audio channels.

> Thanks for your help.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org