Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Enforcing half-duplex?

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 10:41, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi Mihai,
>
> Am Fr, den 06.02.2004 schrieb Mihai T. Lazarescu um 10:34:
> > Hello everybody!

> > Is it possible to enforce a half-duplex communication at
> > GM level?  Something that mutes the local speakers if the
> > level on the mic is above a given level with respect to what's
> > received from peer and mutes the mic otherwise?
>
> nope, but how about starting alsa-mixer and unchecking "record"?
> Moreover in the GM Control Panel you should see a volume slider for the
> mic.. if theory is correct that one should be able to tune your
> recording volume... *g*

Alternatively you can suspend/resume audio transmission at will during a
conversation, there's a button on the GUI for that ;-)
Not very practical if one has to do it very often, though :/

> > Thanks for any insight.
> >
> > BTW, GM is getting better with any new CVS I install.
> > That's really outstanding work, congratulations!!!

+1
I have to add myself to this opinion!!! GM rocks!
Good work guys!

/Josep