Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Enforcing half-duplex?

Hi Mihai,

Am Fr, den 06.02.2004 schrieb Mihai T. Lazarescu um 10:34:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I would like to use GM for conferencing, say two points, both
> with output on speakers (e.g., between two conference rooms).
>
> The problem is that the microphone on the receiving site
> captures the sound from the local speakers and propagate it
> back as echo quite heavy and disturbing.
>
> Is it possible to enforce a half-duplex communication at
> GM level?  Something that mutes the local speakers if the
> level on the mic is above a given level with respect to what's
> received from peer and mutes the mic otherwise?

nope, but how about starting alsa-mixer and unchecking "record"?
Moreover in the GM Control Panel you should see a volume slider for the
mic.. if theory is correct that one should be able to tune your
recording volume... *g*

> Thanks for any insight.
>
> BTW, GM is getting better with any new CVS I install.
> That's really outstanding work, congratulations!!!

Hehe, thanks! ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian