Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Shifting set of features

Le lun 02/02/2004 à 12:48, Pierre-Philippe Coupard a écrit :
> Damien Sandras wrote:
> > That's right, that is something I need to fix but I'm not sure it is
> > possible. However, you can modify the GConf key
> > /apps/gnomemeeting/general/user_interface/show_popup and set it to
> > FALSE. The option didn't disappear, it just disappeared from the
> > preferences window.
>
> Okay, it wasn't there, so I created the xml entry manually in
> ./gconf/apps/gnomemeeting/general/user_interface/%gconf.xml, and it didn't wor

Of course, you can not do that !!!
You have to use gconftool-2 or gconf-editor.

> as I restarted gnomemeeting several times, but now magically it seems to work.
> Is there some sort of config cache that needs flushing when you edit things by hand?

See above.

> >>Also, to make the feature really perfect, would it be possible to add an option
> >>to select the audio device the ring tone is played on? I have 2 sound devices,
> --8<--8<--
> > Well, that is a bit advanced. The problem with that kind of features is
> > that it is very complex to implement, and few users (believe me) will
> > use it.
>
> I understand. Perhaps then another, easier to implement solution for those of us
> who have a less-than-usual needs would be to have a "run external program upon
> incoming call" checkbox, and a text entry to specify the executable's path.
> Gnomemeeting could then simply exec it to start ringing, and kill it (or send it
> another signal) to stop ringing. I can think of several interesting things that
> could be done with that sort of feature, such as putting on an X10 light for
> when I'm outside the house and I can't hear the ring, for example. I'm not a
> great fan of C++ or Gnome, but I can have a go at implementing this if you'd like.

That is too late for 1.00 anyway, but if you can come with an
interesting patch, it can be considered for another version.

> Also, I think I've found a small bug that wasn't there in 0.98.5 : when a call
> arrives, the little icon that's docked in the KDE toolbar cycles between the
> image of a normal phone, and the image of a phone with a sort of aura around it.
> If the remote caller hangs up when the "aura phone" image is displayed, it stays
> that way, instead of reverting to a normal phone. I thought it was to indicate a
> missed call at first, but apparently it simply doesn't reset the icon.

Yes, you will see a "FIX ME" printed in the terminal, that code is not
ready yet as I didn't have the new icons yet :)

> Thanks a lot for the tip. That works great for me!

Cool :)
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org