Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problem with Mandrake 10.1 an pre-build rpm.

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 19:09 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le lundi 20 décembre 2004 à 18:38 +0100, Jean-Christophe Dubois a
> écrit :
>
> > OK, so here is my report.
> >
> > I am running Mandrake 10.1 that comes bundled with Gnomemeeting 1.0.2. I
> > had some problem first with the webcam/USB driver (I am using a Philips
> > PCVC740K "ToUCam Pro"). The image was there but it was just a big
> > patchwork of collors that was changing when I was moving in front of the
> > camera. As I doubted the driver that come with Mandrake was up to date,
> > I went to http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/, downloaded the driver,
> > compiled it, installed it. After loading it the picture was still the
> > same (in both gnomemeeting and xawtv). I then played with the modules
> > parameters and I forced a sif format at 20 frames/seconds. And then
> > everything started to work for both xawtv and gnomemeeting.
> >

> A bit complicated :)

I would agree but you have to do what you have to do to get this thing
working ...

> > I then tried to upgrade to 1.2 using the rpm available from the
> > gnomemeeting web site. The upgrade went fine but when I started
> > gnomemeeting it complained about gconf. I ran gnomemeeting-init-tool and
> > then I was able to start gnomeeeting. But when I enabled the camera then
> > nothing would show in the video frame. xawtv was still working OK. I ran
> > the druid and ran the video test there ant it ran successfully but still
> > not video would show on gnomemeeting.
> >

> ok, given the fact that the V4L plugin has not changed between 1.0.2 and
> 1.2, and given the fact that the video handling code has not changed in
> GnomeMeeting either, I wonder what the problem can be. Perhaps the
> problem is in the Mandrake 10.1 package?
>
> Here are a few questions :
> - What happens when you click on the webcam icon? Nothing, or an error?
The gnomemeeting still image goes away and a small gray square area
replace it. I should expect a video frame a least the size of the
gnomemeeting image tu there is only this small gray area.

> - Are you using V4L as plugin?

How could I tell? My video manager (in the druid) is V4L if this what
you expect as an answer. I can select picture if I wish.

> - What happens if you are using the Picture plugin together with the
> MovingLogo device? Do you get the moving logo in the main window?

With 1.0.2 it works as expected. But with 1.2 I am not offered the
option of the still or moving picture. Only V4L. I cannot change this
choice. On more thing if the webcam was already selected then the druid
video test fails. but if the camera was not yet enabled then it succeeds
(the 5 steps).