[GnomeMeeting-list] GM 1.2 and Evolution-Data-Server

Hello,

I have the feeling it will become a FAQ, so I will answer in a separate
mail.

1. Why does GnomeMeeting depends on Evolution-Data-Server?

Evolution-Data-Server is a standard component of GNOME aimed at storing
contacts for any software. The big advantage is that all programs using
it will use the same contact base, you won't have duplicates in
GnomeMeeting, Evolution, ...

2. Do I have to use Evolution to use GnomeMeeting?

Absolutely not. Evolution-Data-Server is a completely separate package.
Only its name reminds of Evolution. It is a standard component of GNOME
too since GNOME 2.8.

3. Can I use GnomeMeeting without Evolution-Data-Server?

Yes, just compile it without GNOME support at all.