Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Poll

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 12:45 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le jeu 09/12/2004 à 12:30, Jerome Lacoste a écrit :
>
> > b)
> > c) I am using more skype than gnomemeeting, mostly because the people I
> > talked to are using skype more and more, and couldn't be bothered with
> > NetMeeting + codec + firewall setup
> > e) I am far from being satisfied with skype on a technical point of
> > view. For me it didn't work more than once. And I believe that as VoIP
> > becomes mainstream, skype will die (at least in the form we know it),
> > because its current business model is to make money PC to phone calls.
> >

> I agree with this. I think there are great hopes with SIP.
>

> > Go GM.
> >

> Thanks!
>
> > Would you give some money to see GM improved?
> > a) No way
> > b) 10 -20$
> > c) 20-40$
> > d) over 40$
> >

> > c) as a start if there was an easy way to do so.
>
> You can contribute through paypal using a credit card, see the icon on
> the website. Notice GM will be improved even without donations as long
> as I maintain it :)

I didn't see it! Maybe this icon should be put upper on the page?

Back to giving a little bit of money. I truly believe there is room for
money in the open source world. Video-conferencing is one of the few
applications I would pay for. But money doesn't have to come from the
users directly. It can come from the distributions.

Look at Linspire sponsoring Daniel Glazman's work on nvu. Maybe would
another distribution do something similar for GM?

To me video-conferencing has a higher potential than web authoring. So
it sounds logical...

Anyway. Thanks for the work so far.

Jerome